Independence State Bank has been serving Independence and the surrounding communities since 1897. Originally called State Bank of Independence, our name was changed in 1998. Independence State Bank strives to be the community bank that people seek first in the communities we serve, by offering prompt, personalized service at fair rates and on fair terms with local decision-making.
The Independence State Bank opened on April 3, 1897 in Independence, WI as the Bank of Independence. At the end of that day deposits totaled $57. The first depositor was Father Babinski. Anton Senty and John Sprecher were the owners of the Bank with initial capital of $10,000. Deposits are now in excess of $70 million and capital is $7 million. The late Lester Senty, son of Anton, was the last family member to be the Bank’s President. His spouse, Emogene Senty, owned the Bank until her passing in January 2007. The Senty family remains the Bank’s owner and its independent ownership will remain in the future.
The Independence State Bank opened its Elk Mound site in January, 1999. Jean Tworek, Vice President, is the Elk Mound Branch Manager.
The Independence State Bank expanded its Elk Mound facility in December 2004. On October 30, 2006, the main office in Independence moved into a new building on the old Independence High School land. The Lake Hallie office was opened in November 2006. Theresa Dean, Executive Vice President, is the Lake Hallie Branch Manager.
At Independence State Bank, we value volunteerism, being stewards in the communities we serve, and giving back (both financially and otherwise) to help communities remain viable and sustain a sense of community pride that has existed for over 120 years.