Bank History | Locations & ATMs
INDEPENDENCE STATE BANK
History of Beginning-1897 to current
The Independence State Bank opened on April 3, 1897 in Independence, WI as the Bank of Independence. At the end of that day deposits totaled $57. The first depositor was Father Babinski. Anton Senty and John Sprecher were the owners of the Bank with initial capital of $10,000. Deposits are now in excess of $57 million and capital is $5.1 million. The late Lester Senty, son of Anton, was the last family member to be the Bank’s President. His spouse, Emogene Senty, owned the Bank until her passing in January 2007. The Senty family remains the Bank’s owner and its independent ownership will remain in the future.
The Independence State Bank opened its Elk Mound site in January, 1999. Jean Tworek, Assistant Vice President, is the Elk Mound Branch Manager.
The Independence State Bank expanded its Elk Mound facility in December 2004. On October 30, 2006, the main office in Independence moved into a new building on the old Independence High School land. The Lake Hallie office was opened in November 2006. Theresa Dean, Vice President, is the Lake Hallie Branch Manager.
Now over 116 years old, the management policy of the Bank continues to be the same as that of the founders, which is to help in the growth and prosperity of our community. Dennis Meyer has been the President/CEO of the Bank since June, 2008,
Bill Daher is the Operations Manager, and Ronald Guza is the Senior Vice President/Chief Credit Officer.